Selecting the Best Nail Salon
Selecting the Best Nail Salon
Nail salons maybe many a dozen, by the corner of your house, near your workplace or numerous other places that you visit. Most beauty salons also offer nail care treatments as part of their other beauty treatments like hair removal, haircuts, facials and so on. If you are someone who believes that beautiful hands and feet are an essential part of your beauty regime, you surely must be having your favorite salon at hand that you visit to pamper your hands and feet at regular intervals.
The reasons for visiting the salon may range from it being close to your work or home area, or due to the ambience level of the salon or the efficiency of the nail technician. Such are the aspects which come primarily to our mind when we select a salon for a visit. Though important that a nail salon have these features, there are other aspects that also need consideration from a professional view point. Over a period of time, you as a client will also begin to realize that just visiting a salon by the corner is not enough for long term maintenance of beautiful hands and feet.
The other aspects that should come into consideration while selecting the best nail salon are:
· Cleanliness – A clean work station is an indication of the nail technician’s dedication to their work. Sanitized instruments, neatly placed tools and implements and a pleasant environment all point to a level of organization and efficiency in the salon owner. It is better to avoid salons which always look cluttered, messy and generally unclean. This is because the chances of you being infected become high due to the presence of unclean products.
· Nail professional’s knowledge – When you step into a nail salon, the nail tech should always ask you on what you want, how you want your nails to look on completion, the range of services you seek, check on your medical history for any problems and inform you about the pros and cons of any enhancements that you opt for. This will help you make an informed decision before any treatments and avoid any misunderstandings later on.
· Pricing – Take an entire break-up of the nail care schedule that the nail tech intends to follow so that there are no discrepancies later on. Also check if the nail tech will charge you for broken nails, for filing, for top coats and so on.
· Prominent display of license – Nail Techs are expected to be licensed by the state before they practice and display their license which has their photograph clearly in their work area. Check for the license before you begin any treatments.
· Salon Ambience – Take into account good ventilation, absence of any strong odors, neatly dressed staff as part of the ambience. Especially beware if the salon has strong or over powering odors, as this may indicate the usage of MMA, a substance banned by the FDA in the nail care industry.
· Products used – Check clearly on the brands that the salon will be using on your hands and feet. Be alert for unlabeled bottles and ask about them if they are being used on you. Do not just sit back and relax, as any reaction later on may be irreversible. So ensure your safety.
· Nail after care – Lastly your salon should guide you adequately on home treatments if any problems are to arise and be willing to communicate with you openly. This done, your fears of after care will be put to rest.
So the next time you walk into a salon, look out for the above mentioned features to get the best for your nails in the long run.